Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Hillary versus Bernie




For the first political weekly blog, I wanted to know more about where the politicians stand.  Today, the first candidates to go under the microscope are Hillary and Bernie!  Next week, I will cover the Trump/Cruz positions.  The following links take you to the candidate's own site, where they cover what they think are the most current and pertinent issues to Americans.  Do you agree?

When commenting on politics, please don't be rude or use profanity.  Never attack someone else.  Simply give your opinion.  Let's keep the debate fun, folks!

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

https://berniesanders.com/issues/

Two things jump out at me when reading the candidate's positions.  Bernie seems to be exceedingly specific on his issue topics than Hillary, who is more broad in her topics.  Both agree on a lot of same things, I mean, they are both running Democrats, so to some extent, they have to be similar and tow the party line.  The other thing that jumps out at me is Bernie's lack of a gun control policy.  I am disturbed by that.  I like the way Bernie's topics are laid out, as they are specific.  You know what he is going to do, and how he is going to pay for it.  Across several broad topics, Hillary gets more specific in her explanations, but still holds back more than Bernie.  This disappoints me, as I expected more from her.

Hillary is more old-school politics, or politics as usual than is Bernie, who seems to have bucked the political system throughout his 30 year career.  This is reflected in their choices of topics.  However, when Hillary gets down to the nitty-gritty of her policies, she reminds me of Bernie.  They are very similar, and the research and reading has made me think about who I really want to vote for.

Read for yourself, and let me know what you think!  What do you think the biggest difference is between these two candidates?

About me:  I was a registered Republican for over 20 years, and then switched to the Democratic party in 2008.  Although, I had been voting as a Democrat for 8 years.  I switched my party, after voting for "the best person for the job," both Republicans and Democrats, depending on their topics, but the Republicans hard-line over Women's Rights, Big Business, Gun Control and more - well my dislike over the Republican policies simply seemed to grow, pushing me to the left in a big way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the response!